Monday, April 20, 2009

Hanami

It's april now and last week the weather decided to change radically. We had days with 26°C already and it's just soooooo nice to have those temperatures again after that awfully cold winter (with -24°C).

In Feburary it was looking like this still:

And now evereything is blooming and "greening"! I'm so happy that winter is over - I don't like it... I love summer, when the sun is shining and when everything is green and it's warm. Soon - at least I hope so - there won't be cold nights anymore and I can enjoy some more warm summer sunshine!

I was disappointed by the fact that last years hanami in Japan just sucked because it was simply too cold. But now I have a beautiful hanami in front of my door - no need to go to Japan *__*

















Upper left side is our cherry tree in our garden (with eatable cherries *__* SOON SOON!!!!) and the right one is standing in front of my window in Marburg.

















I took pictures of two different pink cherrytrees as you might see - the right one is way more white than the left one.

In case I can find a still blooming magnolia tree - I think I'm almost too late to find one - I will post some more pictures. Starting on wednesday I'll have a painting class and I would like so much to paint some water color pictures of those blossoms! Sadly, I can't handle water colors XD

By the way - I just came back from my portuguese exam and got the feeling that I might have passed it... I want so much to join that class! Can't wait to see the results!

1 comments:

Kari Vader said...

Ohhh watercolors and acrylics is the only technique I'm good at!!!

Miss ya a lot my dear friend